Chadds Ford in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Christian C. Sanderson
Erected 1977 by the Christian C. Sanderson Museum.
Location. 39° 52.447′ N, 75° 34.696′ W. Marker is in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is on Baltimore Pike (U.S. 1), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is located in Brandywine Battlefield Park, in front of the Benjamin Ring House. Marker is in this post office area: Chadds Ford PA 19317, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. To Honor All Who Served in the Founding, Defense, and Preservation of Our Great Country (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Brandywine (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of Those Who Served in the Armed Forces (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gideon Gilpin House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Casimir Pulaski (approx. 0.4 miles away); The National Arborist Association (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lafayette’s Headquarters (approx. 0.4 miles away but has been reported missing); a different marker also named Battle of Brandywine (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Chadds Ford.
Also see . . .
1. Washington's Headquarters. Brandywine Battlefield website.
2. The Battle of Brandywine. September 11, 1777 at Brandywine, Pennsylvania. The American Revolutionary War website.
3. Wikipedia entry for Christian C. Sanderson.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,223 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.