Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Abney Athletic Center
generous support of
The Abney Foundation
John R. Fulp, Jr.
It will forever serve as a tribute to the dedication and work of the many thousands of men and women who are a part of the textile industry throughout South Carolina.
Location. 34° 30.783′ N, 82° 38.15′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker is on East Calhoun Street north of Boulevard (U.S. 29), on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is on the southeast side of the building, on the campus of Anderson University. Marker is in this post office area: Greenville SC 29601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sullivan Music Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vandiver Hall (about 600 feet away); Pratt Hall (about 800 feet away); Denmark Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anderson College Infirmary (approx. 0.2 miles away); The H.H. Watkins Teaching Center (approx. ľ mile away); The J.E. Rouse Dormitory Virginia "Jennie" Gilmer (approx. 0.6 miles away); McGee Harness Shop (approx. ĺ mile away); Frierson School House (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Anderson.
Also see . . .
1. Anderson University. Official website of Anderson University.
2. Anderson University Athletics. Official website of the Anderson University Athletics.
3. Anderson University (South Carolina). Anderson University is a private university located in Anderson, South Carolina, offering bachelors and masters degrees in approximately 50 areas of study.
4. The Abney Foundation. The mission of The Abney Foundation is to make grants for innovative and creative projects, and to programs which are responsive to changing community needs in the areas of education, health, social service and cultural affairs.
5. Anderson College Historic District. In the spring
6. John R. Fulp, Jr. Series of postings on John R. Fulp, Jr. at the Autosport Bulletin Board.
1. Abney Athletic Center
Abney was built in 1978 and is home to our womenís volleyball, menís and womenís basketball, and menís wrestling teams. Students crowd Abney gym to cheer on the Trojans as they compete in NCAA Division II Conference Carolinas. Cheerleading and dance teams add to the excitement at games. On one balcony, students can take advantage of our free fitness center equipped with a variety of cardiovascular equipment, weight machines, and free weights. Across the gym, an indoor batting cage is used by our baseball and softball teams for off-season training. (Source: Anderson University.)
Categories. • Sports •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,461 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 2. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 3. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.