Pikesville in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Garrison Fort
Erected 1968 by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 39° 23.947′ N, 76° 42.454′ W. Marker is in Pikesville, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is on Garrison Farm Court 0.1 miles from Garrison Farms Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pikesville MD 21208, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Court Road (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Old United States Arsenal (approx. 1.9 miles away); Trentham (approx. 2.2 miles away); Rockland (approx. 2.2 miles away); Sudbrook Park (approx. 2.6 miles away); Sater’s Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Brooklandwood Plantation (approx. 2.9 miles away); a different marker also named Saters Church (approx. 2.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pikesville.
More about this marker. This marker replaced one erected by the Maryland State Roads Commission in 1934.
Also see . . .
1. An early 1900s picture of Fort Garrison.
2. The Original Marker, c. 1962. Same text with larger font, and erected by the State Roads Commission
3. Oldton’s Company of Baltimore Rangers. This is the site of some reenactors that portray the rangers that lived in this building in the later 17th century. From here they patrolled, widened and marked the indian trails from Gwynn’s Falls in Baltimore County to just north of Deer Creek in what is now Harford County.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Native Americans •
Credits. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 3,501 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.