Inscription. This plaque was placed here by
Citizens of Huntsville and
Madison County, Alabama,
In Honor Of
Major General H.N. Toftoy, USA.
Who was Commanding General
of Redstone Arsenal
from September 1, 1954, to March 31, 1958.
It was unveiled here on August 1, 1958,
on the occasion of his transfer to the
command of Aberdeen Proving Ground.
By Tim Carr, May 24, 2008
|1. Major General H.N. Toftoy, USA. Marker|
during his stay at Redstone
made a significant contribution
to this community,
and he will forever be enshrined
in the hearts of local people as
Erected 1958 by Citizens of Huntsville.
Location. 34° 43.799′ N, 86° 35.147′ W. Marker is in Huntsville, Alabama, in Madison County. Marker is on Westside Square, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Located near the steps close to the bank building on the Westside Square side of Constitution Hall Park. Marker is in this post office area: Huntsville AL 35801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Bank In Alabama (within shouting distance of this marker); John Hunt (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Erected in 1835 (within shouting distance of this marker); Madison County (about 300 feet away, in a direct line); Northern Terminus Indian Creek Canal (about 400 feet away); Harrison Brothers Hardware (about 400 feet away); Site The Huntsville Inn (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Huntsville.
Credits. This page originally submitted on February 23, 2010, by TRCP Alliance of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 493 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on February 23, 2010, by TRCP Alliance of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |