Inscription. In grateful memory of Reverend Peter Hobart and that company of English men and women who founded the town of Hingham, landing near this spot in September, 1635
By Tom Fuchs, September 30, 2007
|1. Reverend Peter Hobart Marker|
Location. 42° 14.608′ N, 70° 53.191′ W. Marker is in Hingham, Massachusetts, in Plymouth County. Marker is on North Street near Station Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hingham MA 02043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hingham Massachusetts (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Ship Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Samuel Lincoln House (approx. ¼ mile away); Hull (approx. 2.6 miles away); a different marker also named Hull (approx. 4.2 miles away); Fort Independence (approx. 4.3 miles away); Minot's Ledge Lighthouse (approx. 5 miles away); Antoine and Wilson Memorial (approx. 5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Hingham.
Also see . . . About the Rev. Hobart. (Submitted on October 10, 2007.)
Credits. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,443 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on October 9, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |