HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
            “Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
  Home  — My Markers  — Add A Marker  — Marker Series  — Links & Books  — Forum  — About Us
Millersville in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Severn Crossroads Church
 
The Severn Crossroads Church Marker Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, December 29, 2002
1. The Severn Crossroads Church Marker
 
Inscription. Built as a Methodist Church in 1861 and used as the Church Sanctuary & Sunday School for fifty years. Moved in 1896 from SE to NE corner of General’s Highway and Indian Landing roads, and dedicated in 1935 to Charles W. Baldwin, its pastor for 71 years. The Severn Crossroads Foundation moved it to its present site in 1981.
 
Erected by The Severn Crossroads Foundation, Maryland Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 3.579′ N, 76° 37.66′ W. Marker is in Millersville, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is at the intersection of Generals Highway (Maryland Route 178) and Indian Landing Road, on the right when traveling south on Generals Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Millersville MD 21108, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Baldwin Memorial United Methodist Church (a few steps from this marker); Old Stage-Coach Road (a few steps from this marker); Charles W. Baldwin Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Anne Arundel Academy (approx. 0.6 miles away); Count de Rochambeau’s (approx. one mile away); Widow Ramsey’s Tavern (approx. 1.4 miles away but has been reported missing); Shipley’s Choice (approx. 1.5 miles away); Henry Baldwin (approx. 1.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Millersville.
 
Church with the marker in the foreground, to the left Photo, Click for full size
By Christopher Busta-Peck, March 13, 2008
2. Church with the marker in the foreground, to the left
 

 
Also see . . .
1. Baldwin Hall. (Submitted on October 9, 2007.)
2. Site description from the Maryland Historical Trust. (Submitted on March 22, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
 
1840's School House Replica Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, December 29, 2002
3. 1840's School House Replica
Reconstructed replica of 1840s school house that once stood next to Baldwin Hall.
 
 
Cross Roads Methodist Episcopal Church Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, December 29, 2002
4. Cross Roads Methodist Episcopal Church
1861 church building, now known as Baldwin Hall, moved to existing location in 1981.
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,693 times since then. Photos:   1. submitted on October 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   2. submitted on March 14, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.   3, 4. submitted on October 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
 
Recommend or Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr


•••
More Search Options
 
Markers
Near You

 
Categories

 
States & Provinces

 
Counties
Click to List


 
Countries

Page composed
in 777 ms.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To search within this page, hold down the Ctrl key and press F.
On an Apple computer,
hold down the Apple key and press F.