Kansas City in Jackson County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
“Boston” Adams’ House
Erected by AMOCO Oil Company. (Marker Number 19.)
Location. 39° 0.665′ N, 94° 32.547′ W. Marker is in Kansas City, Missouri, in Jackson County. Marker is on Swope Parkway 0.1 miles south of 63rd Street. Click for map. This marker is on the grounds of ACE Colligium Schools. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6330 Swope Parkway, Kansas City MO 64130, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Delbert J. Haff (approx. 0.3 miles away); Kansas City's First Public Golf Course (approx. 0.3 miles away); Battle of Westport (approx. half a mile away); Pratt's Artillery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. 0.8 miles away); Log House and Defensive Line (approx. 0.8 miles away); Byram's Ford Battlefield (approx. 0.9 miles away); Harrisonville Road (Prospect) (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Kansas City.
Also see . . .
1. Battle of Westport. Link from the Civil War Muse with further information on this tour stop.
2. Civil War Roundtable of Kansas City. Link to the organization responsible for the Auto Tour.
3. Sterling Price. Wikipedia link to the life and military career of the overall Confederate Commander.
4. John S Marmaduke. Wikipedia link on the life and career of Confederate division commander who fought here.
5. Alfred Pleasonton. Wikipedia Link to the life and career of the Commander of the Union Forces pursuing General Price across Missouri.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on May 2, 2010, by Thomas Onions of Olathe, Kansas. This page has been viewed 1,057 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 2, 2010, by Thomas Onions of Olathe, Kansas.