Inscription. Williamsport was used by Union General Patterson crossing on July 2, 1861, Confederate General Jackson moving against Harper's Ferry on September 11, 1862, and General Lee advancing with much of his army to, and retreating from, Gettysburg in June and July, 1863.
By F. Robby, January 12, 2003
|1. Williamsport Marker|
Erected by Maryland Civil War Centennial Commission.
Location. 39° 36.073′ N, 77° 48.964′ W. Marker is in Williamsport, Maryland, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of E. Potomac Street (U.S. 11) and Peachtree Lane, on the left when traveling east on E. Potomac Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Williamsport MD 21795, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Williamsport (about 300 feet away, in a direct line); Springfield Farm (approx. 0.2 miles away); River View Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Abner Doubleday (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Williamsport (approx. 0.6 miles away); C & O Canal Aqueduct (approx. 0.6 miles away); Connecting People and Places (approx. 0.6 miles away); Conococheague Creek Aqueduct (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Williamsport.
Credits. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 679 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on December 1, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |