Inscription. Gary’s Creek was named for Stephen Gary (d. 1686), high sheriff and one of the judges of Dorchester County for whom “Spocott” was surveyed on this creek December 27, 1662. This road about 1663 was the Indian Path from the Indian towns on Choptank River to Jordans Point (Mill’s Point) on Chesapeake Bay.
By F. Robby, November 4, 2007
|1. Gary's Creek - Indian Path Marker|
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Location. 38° 35.279′ N, 76° 10.672′ W. Marker is in Lloyds, Maryland, in Dorchester County. Marker is at the intersection of Hudson Road (Maryland Route 343) and Spocott Lane, on the left when traveling west on Hudson Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cambridge MD 21613, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, as the crow flies. Spocott Windmill (approx. 0.2 miles away); “The Wilderness” (approx. 4.6 miles away); “Stanley Institute” (approx. 5 miles away); Glasgow (approx. 5.1 miles away); Finding Freedom (approx. 5.6 miles away); This Bell (approx. 5.6 miles away); “Appleby” (approx. 5.7 miles away); Thomas Holliday Hicks (approx. 5.7 miles away).
Credits. This page originally submitted on December 5, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 959 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on December 5, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |