Oconomowoc in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Oconomowoc Masonic Center
Sold to Kohl family (theater chain family) in 1920.
Acquired by Oconomowoc Lodge #42 F & AM in 1922.
The veranda on the West and South sides was removed.
The original narrow clapboard siding has been replaced.
The oval window in the triangular gable has survived.
It is the meeting place for all masonic groups in Oconomowoc.
Erected 1998 by Waukesha County Historical Society and funded by Oconomowoc Lodge #42 F & AM and the Harmony Club (Free Masons from the Oconomowoc area). (Marker Number 24-02.)
Location. 43° 6.846′ N, 88° 29.968′ W. Marker is in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker is at the intersection of North Lake Road (Wisconsin Route 67) and Rockwell Street, on the right when traveling north on North Lake Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 307 N Lake Rd, Oconomowoc WI 53066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Oconomowoc (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Inn at Pine Terrace (approx. half a mile away); Historic Okauchee (approx. 3 miles away); Highway Marking (approx. 4.1 miles away); Nashotah Mission (approx. 4.3 miles away); Stone Bank (approx. 5 miles away); Bishop Jackson Kemper Home Built 1849 (approx. 5.1 miles away); Cushing Memorial Park (approx. 5.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Oconomowoc.
Also see . . . WaukeshaNow. Twain stayed at local cottage - Mark Twain stayed at 'Scudder's Cottage' in Oconomowoc
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 658 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.