Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
In 1938, Kilbourntown House was moved to this site from its original location near Fourth and Court Streets through the efforts of the Milwaukee County Historical Society, the Milwaukee County Park Commission and the Colonial Dames of Wisconsin. Restoration was carried out as a WPA project. Furnished by the Colonial Dames with articles in use prior to 1865, the building was reopened on September 4, 1939.
Erected 1970 by Milwaukee County Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 43° 5.525′ N, 87° 53.893′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is on Estabrook Parkway 0.2 miles north of East Capitol Drive, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is located in Estabrook Park. Marker is in this post office area: Milwaukee WI 53211, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Shorewood Armory (approx. half a mile away); Shorewood High School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Sauk Trail (approx. 0.7 miles away); Shorewood Village Hall (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lueddemann’s-On-The-River (approx. 0.9 miles away); Carl Sandburg Hall (approx. 1.2 miles away); Steamer Appomattox (approx. 1.2 miles away); In Honor of the Men and Women of the 25th Ward (approx. 1.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Milwaukee.
Also see . . . Kilbourntown House. Milwaukee County Historical Society (Submitted on October 10, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 361 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.