Freehold in Monmouth County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Peterís Church
1702 † First service (at Topanemus)
1736 † Charter from King George II
1771 † Construction began on the present building
1778 † Local lore says the building sheltered wounded during the battle of Monmouth
Location. 40° 15.556′ N, 74° 16.545′ W. Marker is in Freehold, New Jersey, in Monmouth County. Marker is at the intersection of W Main Street (County Route 537) and Throckmorton Street, on the right when traveling south on W Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Freehold NJ 07728, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Historic St. Peterís Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Corp. James A. Gere (within shouting distance of this marker); Monmouth Court House Site (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Columbia Triumphant Park and Statue (about 700 feet away); Revolutionary Ancestors of Monmouth Court House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Monmouth Battle Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Battle of Monmouth Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Abraham Lincoln (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Freehold.
Also see . . . The Battle of Monmouth. New Jersey during the Revolution. (Submitted on March 2, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 454 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.