Inscription. Old Powder House used during French and Indian Wars and Revolutionary War.
By Virginia McGreevy, August 3, 2012
|1. Old Powder House Fort Ann Marker|
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 24.863′ N, 73° 29.642′ W. Marker is in Fort Ann, New York, in Washington County. Marker is on New York Route 149 just east of Mountain View Rd, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Ann NY 12827, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, as the crow flies. Fort Anne First Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Well (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Anne (approx. 0.4 miles away); Half-Way Creek (approx. 0.4 miles away); Great Indian Warpath (approx. 3.5 miles away); Smith's Basin (approx. 3.9 miles away); Kingsbury Street (approx. 3.9 miles away); Burgoyne's Army (approx. 3.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Ann.
Additional keywords. French and Indian wars, Burgoyne's Saratoga campaign 1777
Credits. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2012, by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. This page has been viewed 177 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on August 5, 2012, by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |