Inscription. Site of first church in Cambridge Patent
Building started 1775 interrupted by Revolution
By Virginia McGreevy, August 16, 2012
|1. First Church in Cambridge Patent Marker|
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 1.12′ N, 73° 23.347′ W. Marker is in Cambridge, New York, in Washington County. Marker is on South Union Street just from County Route 71, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 94- 98 South Union Street, Cambridge NY 12816, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, as the crow flies. Continental Road (about 700 feet away, in a direct line); Old Turnpike (approx. 0.2 miles away); Great Northern War Trail (approx. ¾ mile away); Checkered House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Site of Skirmish (approx. 3.4 miles away); Site of British Encampment (approx. 4.1 miles away); Buskirk's Red Covered Bridge (approx. 4.7 miles away); Homestead of Grandma Moses (approx. 5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cambridge.
Credits. This page originally submitted on August 17, 2012, by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. This page has been viewed 79 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on August 17, 2012, by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |