Lively in Lancaster County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Mary’s White Chapel
Erected 1947 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number J-82.)
Location. 37° 46.75′ N, 76° 30.867′ W. Marker is in Lively, Virginia, in Lancaster County. Marker is on Mary Ball Road (Virginia Route 3) just west of White Chapel Road (Virginia Route 201), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lancaster VA 22503, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Birthplace of Washington’s Mother (approx. one mile away); St. Mary’s Whitechapel (approx. 3.1 miles away); Queenstown (approx. 3.1 miles away); Bewdley (approx. 3.4 miles away); Barford (approx. 4.2 miles away); Trade Routes (approx. 4.3 miles away); Lancaster County / Richmond County (approx. 4.9 miles away); White Marsh Church (approx. 5.3 miles away).
Regarding St. Mary’s White Chapel.
St. Mary's White Chapel parish was owned by Major Edward Dale, 1693 and was willed to his two grandsons, Joseph and Peter Carter.(William and Mary's Quarterly, Vol. 17, January 1909, pages 196-202).
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,077 times since then and 119 times this year. Last updated on , by Gwynn Nell Swanson of Blanchard, Oklahoma. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.