Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
hundred officers and men of
the American Army, chiefly
New York, New Jersey and
Pennsylvania Militia 1775-77.
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 50.661′ N, 73° 23.521′ W. Marker is in Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is on Sandy Redoubt, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. The marker is located along the entrance road to Fort Ticonderoga. Marker is in this post office area: Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A Soldier of France (within shouting distance of this marker); Eighteen Colonial Soldiers (within shouting distance of this marker); Troops of Colonial Wars at Ticonderoga (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Ticonderoga (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hut Sites (approx. ¼ mile away); Near this spot stood Montcalm (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Carillon (approx. 0.3 miles away); Colonel John Brown (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Ticonderoga.
Also see . . . Fort Ticonderoga National Historic Landmark. (Submitted on July 26, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Military • Notable Places • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,480 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.