Photographer: Unknown Taken: Circa 1950s Caption: Old Allegheny Market House
Additional Description: View of the Market House in the North side Section of Pittsburgh in the 1950s, built in 1863 to house food concessionaires, it was torn down in 1966.
An outlet for the Rhea's Bakery chain occupies the corner in the foreground. The large billboard in the background advertises Fort Pitt Beer. Both Rhea's and Fort Pitt Beer are gone from the Pittsburgh scene.
Courtesy: Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania Submitted: June 22, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Database Locator Identification Number: p158186 File Size: 0.081 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.