Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Anna Inbody
Taken: January 8, 2012
Caption: Map on the marker
Additional Description: The location of Fort Watson on a map from Mills‘ Atlas of the State of South Carolina (1825). Today, the waters of Lake Marion (created in the 1940s by damming the Santee River and named for Francis Marion) nearly reach the base of the structure.
Submitted: January 9, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p188655
File Size: 3.433 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.