Photographer: Unknown Taken: Circa 1928 Caption: The Old Tollhouse / Alte Mauth - postcard view
Additional Description: Die Alte Mauth was originally built in 1361, with Gothic-style gables, as a market house/store/warehouse. The building was used as the city hall in the 16th and 17th Centuries. In 1625-26 the building was redone with Renaissance-style gables, and was then already known as the "Altes Rathaus", or old city hall. Served as a customs/toll office for the Bavarian State from 1810-1906. The building was renovated in 1905, with the ground floor converted to shops. Heavily damaged by a bomb on February 22, 1945. The building was razed to the ground during the final fighting of April 13, 1945. Submitted: August 14, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. Database Locator Identification Number: p215421 File Size: 0.155 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.