Photographer: Jack W. Coburn,Martinez, Ca. Caption: Charles Krug Winery
Description on postcard:
Former carriage house which was converted into an aging room for select vintages. Aging is done in 60 gallon French Oak barrels. Established in 1861 by Charles Krug, the pioneer wine maker of Napa Valley. The historic winery, located in the heart of this world-famous wine growing region, is owned and operated by the Cesare and Rosa Mondavi family. It is surrounded by green lawns and mighty oaks trees. Visitors are always welcome and tours through the winery are held daily at frequent intervals.
Historical Landmark #563
Submitted: June 9, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. Database Locator Identification Number: p66754 File Size: 1.094 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.