|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — Mälestusmärk “Katkenud Liin” / “Broken Line” — M/S Estonia Memorial|
| Malestusmark “Katkenud Liin”
Parvlaeva ESTONIA katastroofis
28. septembril 1994.aastal
Hukkunud 852 inimesele.
“Broken Line” In memory of
the 852 people who lost their
lives in the ESTONIA
passenger ferry catastrophe
on 28 September 1994. — Map (db m61331) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — Mustpeade Maja — [Tallinn House of Black Heads] — PIKK 26|
| Text in Estoninan: ...
Text in English:
The Tallinn Brotherhood of Black Heads, established in 1399, leased the Pikk Street building in 1517 and added a big festive hall to it in 1531-32, the initial ornament paintings of which can still be seen in the windows.
In 1597, the façade was renovated by the builder-stonecutter Arent Passer. In addition to the coat of arms of the brotherhood that bears the picture of St. Mauritius, the stone décor also represents the portraits . . . — Map (db m57007) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — Suurgildi Hoone — [The Great Guild] — PIKK 17|
| Estonian Text : …
English Text :
The Great Guild, which was an organisation for major merchants and dealt with international trade, had an official building built in 1407-17. The basements and walls of the dwelling that was situated there in the 14th century was partially used. A double-naved festive hall was vaulted in 1410. The hall had air heating and a balcony for musicians, as well as a staircase that led to the bridal chamber. The front door knockers are lion heads . . . — Map (db m56996) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — Toompea Loss — [Toompea Castle]|
| Aerial photo of the castle and surroundings
Text in Estonian : …
Text in English:
Toompea Castle is the seat of the Parliament of the Republic of Estonia – the Riigikogu
The castle complex is made up of several parts: the west wall and the Tall Hermann tower belongs to the medieval fortress of the Order of the Brothers of the Sword, the Government Administration building represents the Czarist era and is classic in style, and the building of the . . . — Map (db m57027) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — British Royal Navy in the Estonian War of Independence — [Estonian Maritime Museum]|
| IN MEMORY
of the officers and seamen of the British Royal Navy
who served and gave their lives in the cause of freedom
in the Baltic during the Estonian War of Independence
1918 - 1920
MALESTUSEKS Briti Kuningliku Merevae ohvitseridele ja meremeestele kes voitle sid ja andsid oma elu Balti rikide vabaduse eest Eesti Vabqdussmas 1918-1920 The following Admirals were decorated with the Estonian Cross of Liberty for their distinguished services: Merevaeohvitserid.keda . . . — Map (db m61360) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — Polish Submarine "ORZEŁ" - September 1939 — [Estonian Maritime Museum]|
| Text in Estonian: ...
Text in Polish: 15. Septembril 1939. Aastal
Interneeriti saksa riigi survel Tallinnas
Poola Sõjalaevvastiku allveelaev
Mereväekapten Jan Grudziński juhtimisel võttis relvitu
Laev ööl vastu 18 Septembrit 1939 ette Hulljulge põgenemise
Suurbritanniasse, et sealt Jätkata Voitlust merel.
See Sündmus Oli üheks Ettekäändeks Nõukogude
Sõjaväebaaside Rajamisele eesti territooriumil ja
Eesti Hilisemale . . . — Map (db m57484) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — Residence of Konstantin Päts — [Finnish Embassy]|
| Text in Finnish: ...
Text in Estonian:... Text in English:
first President of Estonia,
lived in this building from 1922 to 1940.
The Finnish Embassy
was located here from 1923 to 1940,
and has been again since 1996. — Map (db m57227) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — Tallinn Town Hall - Anno 1404|
The only surviving Gothic Town Hall in Northern Europe, the Town Hall in Tallinn was first mentioned in 1322. When the present day building was completed in 1402-1404, Tallinn was a flourishing Hanseatic city. The upper floor with its impressive halls, the arcade and the tower were built in that period.
The Town Hall is traditionally the centre of European municipal government from 1248 Tallinn was governed by Lubeck law, according to which the magistracy elected from the Hansa . . . — Map (db m57129) HM|
|Estonia, Harjumaa MaakondTallinn — 1199 — The Historic Centre (Old Town) of Tallinn|
| Text in Estonian: …
[Seals of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention]
Text in English:
The Historic Centre
(Old Town) of Tallinn has been inscribed upon the World Heritage List of the Convention concerning the protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Inclusion on this list confirms the exceptional universal value of a cultural of natural site which deserves protection for the benefit of all humanity. — Map (db m57529) HM|