Hattiesburg in Forrest County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Forrest County Confederate Monument
To the Men and Women of
they held back nothing.
They cheerfully gave their
property and their lives.
Through the devotion and
untiring efforts of the
Hattiesburg Chapter No. 422
of the United Daughters
of the Confederacy, this
monument is erected to
the honor and memory of
those who wore the gray.
Erected 1910 by Hattiesburg Chapter No. 422, United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 31° 19.633′ N, 89° 17.483′ W. Marker is in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in Forrest County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and Eaton Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 641 North Main Street, Hattiesburg MS 39401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Harris Hardy (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Federal Building McLeod House (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named William Harris Hardy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hattiesburg (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Hattiesburg High School (approx. ¼ mile away); Veterans of All Wars Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); William Carey College (approx. 2.2 miles away); Hub City Lodge No 627 (approx. 2.9 miles away); Dixie School Log Cabin (approx. 7.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Hattiesburg.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 998 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 10, 11. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.