Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The First Baptist Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 121-29.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 28.402′ N, 81° 57.999′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker is at the intersection of Greene Street and 8th Street, in the median on Greene Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church Convention (here, next to this marker); Samuel Hammond (within Two Early Augusta Churches (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Church Of The Most Holy Trinity (about 600 feet away); The Veterans of 1898-1902 (about 600 feet away); 4th Infantry (Ivy) Division (about 600 feet away); William Bartram Visited Augusta, 1773. (about 700 feet away); Joseph R. Lamar, Associate Justice (about 800 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Augusta.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,044 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.