Altaville in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Altaville Grammar School
Erected 1955 by California State Park Commission in cooperation with Princess Parlor No. 84, Native Daughters of the Golden West. (Marker Number 499.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 5.041′ N, 120° 33.682′ W. Marker is in Altaville, California, in Calaveras County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (State Highway 49). Click for map. The Marker is on the front of the building. The building is located on the grounds of the Division of Forestry Station, Altaville. Marker is at or near this postal address: 125 N. Main Street (State Highway 49), Altaville CA 95221, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Giovanni Lavagnino (approx. 0.4 miles away); Altaville Foundry & Machine Works (approx. half a mile away); Prince-Garibardi Building Gold Furnace (approx. 0.9 miles away); Water Wheel (approx. 0.9 miles away); Whim (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Monitor (approx. 0.9 miles away); Hogarth Stamp Mill (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Altaville.
Regarding Altaville Grammar School. This site was placed on the National Register of Historical Places on August 24, 1979.
Additional keywords. One Room Schoolhouse
Categories. • Education • Landmarks • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 2,151 times since then and 202 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 2. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.