LaGrange in Troup County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 141-12.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 1.783′ N, 85° 1.942′ W. Marker is in LaGrange, Georgia, in Troup County. Marker is on Miller Street near Douglas Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. In front of the cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Lagrange GA 30240, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Troup County (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lafayette (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fuller Earle Callaway, Sr. (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Nancy Harts (approx. 0.7 miles away); George Michael Troup (approx. ¾ mile away); Dr. Ulrich Bonnell Phillips (approx. 0.8 miles away); Bellevue (approx. 0.8 miles away); East Depot High School (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in LaGrange.
Also see . . . Female Company Defends Town from Raiders. (Submitted on August 20, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dianne Wood of Newnan, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,247 times since then and 5 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by Dianne Wood of Newnan, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of the cemetery. • Can you help?