Darien in McIntosh County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Saint Cyprian's Episcopal Church
Contributions toward the building of the church edifice were received from England, Philadelphia and from local citizens. Members of the congregation led by the Senior Warden, Lewis Jackson, gave devotedly of their time and labor.
Saint Cyprian's church edifice was consecrated Sunday April 30, 1876, by the Rt. Rev. John W. Beckwith, Bishop of Georgia, and placed under the guardianship of Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church in Darien, of which the Rev. Robert Clute was then Rector.
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 095-26.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 22.02′ N, 81° 25.922′ W. Marker is in Darien, Georgia, in McIntosh County. Marker is on Fort King George Drive near Boone Dock Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Darien GA 31305, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Site of Bank of Darien (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Vernon Square (about 500 feet away); Methodists at Darien (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Burning of Darien (approx. 0.2 miles away); Darien Waterfront (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort King George (approx. 0.2 miles away); Port of Darien (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Darien.
Categories. • African Americans • Churches, Etc. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,082 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.