Campo Seco in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1950 by California Centennials Commission. Base Furnished by the Campo Seco Community Club (September 9, 1950). (Marker Number 257.)
Location. 38° 13.623′ N, 120° 51.241′ W. Marker is in Campo Seco, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on Campo Seco Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Campo Seco CA 95226, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Valley Spring (approx. 2.8 miles away); Double Springs (approx. 3.7 miles away); Camanche (approx. 3.9 miles away); Paloma (Fosteria) (approx. 5.5 miles away); Buena Vista Store (approx. 5.7 miles away); a different marker also named Double Springs (approx. 6.2 miles away); Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 8.2 miles away); Chili Gulch (approx. 8.4 miles away).
More about this marker. This site is a California Registered Landmark (No. 257).
Also see . . .
1. From One Great Tree to Another—A Tribute to Conservation. Anyone wanting to know about the oldest living cork oak tree in the world can find it here. (Submitted on August 26, 2008, by Team Wicanders of Hanover, Maryland.)
2. Campo Seco. CalaverasHistory.org article on this history of Campo Seco. (Submitted on July 3, 2012.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,674 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 4. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.