Danville in Vermilion County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Abraham Lincoln - Eighth Judicial District
—County-Seat Marker —
Erected 1921 by the Lincoln Circuit Marking Association and the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 7.476′ N, 87° 38.217′ W. Marker is in Danville, Illinois, in Vermilion County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and North Logan Ave, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Click for map. Marker located on the northwest corner of West Main and North Logan Ave. Marker is in this post office area: Danville IL 61832, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Aircraft in Honor of Chanute Air Force Base (within shouting distance of this marker); World War I Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Robert E. Wurtsbaugh (approx. 0.2 miles away); Trail of Death 1838 (approx. 0.2 miles away); A Friend Forever (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Millstone Abraham Lincoln (approx. 0.2 miles away); Abraham Lincoln Delivered an Impromptu Address (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Danville.
Also see . . .
1. The Real Lincoln Highway: The Forgotten Lincoln Circuit Markers by Guy C. Fraker. One of the Trail Markers of the Eighth Judicial District of 1847 - 1859 of the fourteen counties that Lincoln traveled and worked as a lawyer. Over more than four hundred miles of Illinois were traveled by Lincoln and his fellow lawyers per Circuit. See a map and history of the special marker series in this article by Guy Fraker. For Lincoln students - and they that seek a better understanding of life in the 1860's - this is indeed a Historical trip through the heart-land of America on the roads of Illinois. (Submitted on August 24, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
2. All the County-Seat Markers. . . in order of Lincoln's travels through them along the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District, 1847 - 1857. (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
3. All the County Line Markers. . . in order of Lincoln's travels through them along the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District, 1847 - 1857. (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
4. Travel with Lincoln (Submitted on October 17, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
5. Every Known Photo of Abraham Lincoln. Courtesy "YouTube": This is a well done item - in chronological order with fine music. (Submitted on February 9, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
Categories. • Government • Notable Events • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 2,086 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. 3. submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.