Dalton in Whitfield County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 155-31.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 46.101′ N, 84° 58.752′ W. Marker is in Dalton, Georgia, in Whitfield County. Marker is on Cemetery Road 0 miles west of Greenwood Drive, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is located near the chapel at the Confederate portion of the cemetery at West Cuyler and South Ridge Streets. Marker is in this post office area: Dalton GA 30721, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Campaign for Atlanta: Johnston's Review The Blunt House (approx. 0.4 miles away); George Whitefield (approx. half a mile away); The McCarty Neighborhood (approx. 0.6 miles away); Tristam Dalton (approx. 0.6 miles away); Joseph E. Johnston Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away); Western and Atlantic Railroad Depot (approx. ¾ mile away); General Cleburne’s Proposal to Arm Slaves (approx. ¾ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Dalton.
Also see . . . Dalton Cemetery (West Hill). (Submitted on October 11, 2008, by David Tibbs of Resaca, Georgia.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,366 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3. submitted on , by David Tibbs of Resaca, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.