Near Mill Creek in Whitfield County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Twentieth Corps in Dogwood Valley
May 8. Buschbeck’s & Candy’s brigades moved 2 mi. S. on this road to the County Line, where they turned E. to Dug Gap.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 155-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 44.936′ N, 85° 6.195′ W. Marker is near Mill Creek, Georgia, in Whitfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Lafayette Road (Georgia Route 201) and Gordon Springs Road, on the right when traveling south on Lafayette Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dalton GA 30719, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "Callaway Place" - 1814. (here, next to this marker); Geary's Division to Dug Gap Dr. Anderson’s House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Battle of Dug Gap (approx. 3.6 miles away); Babb's Settlement (approx. 3.6 miles away); Nickajack Gap (approx. 4.7 miles away); Dug Gap (approx. 5 miles away); McPherson’s Army at Snake Creek Gap (approx. 5.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Mill Creek.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 990 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on , by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.