Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
4th & 23d A.C. Advance
Sherman, from h’dq’rs here (July 17-18), directed initial movements of Federal forces, from Roswell to Pace’s Ferry, to Atlanta.
From these environs the 23rd A.C. marched via Sandy Springs to Old Cross Keys, July 17; the 4th, via Power’s Fy. Rd. to Buckhead July 18.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-15.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 54.333′ N, 84° 24.982′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Mount Vernon Highway and Old Powers Ferry Road, on the left when traveling east on Mount Vernon Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30328, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as Howard's 4th A.C. Line (approx. ¾ mile away); Isom's Ferry (approx. 1.1 miles away); To Sandy Springs and Old Cross Keys (approx. 1.4 miles away); Confederate Battery Position (approx. 1.4 miles away); Howard's March to Buckhead (approx. 1.6 miles away); The River Patrol & Cochran’s Ford (approx. 1.6 miles away); Power's Ferry (approx. 1.6 miles away); 23d A.C. to Decatur (approx. 1.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sandy Springs.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 836 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on , by Michael Dover of Ellerslie, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.