De Pere in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1980 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 262.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 44° 27.162′ N, 88° 3.642′ W. Marker is in De Pere, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is on North Broadway (State Highway 57) north of Cass Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at the White Pillars Museum – De Pere Historical Society. Marker is at or near this postal address: 403 North Broadway, De Pere WI 54115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rapides des Peres (approx. 0.2 miles away); Marquette–Jolliet (approx. ¼ mile away but Brown County Court House 1838 to 1854 (approx. ¼ mile away); Address by President Lincoln (approx. ¾ mile away); St. Norbert College & The Packers (approx. 0.8 miles away); Bernard Henry Pennings (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Catholic Bark Chapel (approx. 1.9 miles away); Menomineeville, Seat of Justice (approx. 1.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in De Pere.
Also see . . . De Pere History. (Submitted on August 30, 2008.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,401 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 3. submitted on , by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.