Hapeville in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hapeville was named for Dr. Samuel Hape, who was in the dental supply business in Atlanta. In 1879, Dr. Hape moved out to his country place of 500 acres. He was the first mayor and first postmaster after Hapeville was incorporated in 1891. Dr. Hape served in an important capacity in the Confederate Army, was a member of St. Phillips Episcopal Church, a member of the City Council of Atlanta, Vice President of American Pomological Society, a Mason and a Shriner. He passed away in 1915 at the age of 85.
In this year 1971, there have been some definite changes in the land area, but there will never be a change in the way the residents feel about Hapeville.
Erected 1971 by Hapeville Woman's Club, First Civic Organization.
Location. 33° 39.58′ N, 84° 24.505′ W. Marker is in Hapeville, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30354, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Christ Church, Hapeville (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mt. Zion Methodist Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Rough and Ready Tavern (approx. 1.4 miles away); Jonesboro Threatened (approx. 1.4 miles away); Rough and Ready (approx. 1.4 miles away); Transfer Point (approx. 1.4 miles away); East Point (approx. 2.3 miles away); Thames House (approx. 3.1 miles away).
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,269 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.