Newport News, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1927 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number W – 60.)
Location. 37° 7.801′ N, 76° 32.513′ W. Marker is in Newport News, Virginia. Marker is on Old Courthouse Way, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newport News VA 23608, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Warwick Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Warwick County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Warwick Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Olivet Christian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Windmill Point (approx. 0.9 miles away); Two USCT Heroes (approx. 1.2 miles away); Providence Mennonite Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Young’s Mill (approx. 2.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Newport News.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 812 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.