Darien in McIntosh County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old River Road
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 095-17.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 23.171′ N, 81° 26.021′ W. Marker is in Darien, Georgia, in McIntosh County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 251 and Ocean Highway (U.S. 17), on the right when traveling east on State Highway 251. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Darien GA 31305, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Barrington (here, next to this marker); Darien Presbyterian Church Darien's Railroad and Depot (approx. one mile away); Columbus Square (approx. 1.1 miles away); St. Andrew's Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); New Inverness (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Oglethorpe Oak (approx. 1.1 miles away); Ashantilly (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Darien.
1. Marker gone missing
in area August 17, 2011, no signs of the marker
— Submitted August 18, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Military • Roads & Vehicles • War, Spanish-American • War, US Civil • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,165 times since then and 87 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.