Brunson in Hampton County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Prince Williams Baptist Church
Erected 1979 by the Congregation. (Marker Number 25-5.)
Location. 32° 55.054′ N, 81° 7.97′ W. Marker is in Brunson, South Carolina, in Hampton County. Marker is on Prince Williams Road (State Highway 25-512) east of Pond Town Road (State Highway 25-315). Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brunson SC 29911, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Plywoods - Plastics Corporation / Westinghouse Micarta Division (approx. 3 miles away); Whippy Swamp Muster Ground (approx. 3.2 miles away); American Legion Hut (approx. 3.3 miles away); World War II POW Camp (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Town Of Brunson (approx. 3.5 miles away); Hampton Colored School Hampton Colored School (approx. 3.5 miles away); Site of Hampton High School (approx. 3.5 miles away).
Regarding Prince Williams Baptist Church. Constituted September 12, 1759 as Coosawhatchie Church. This church became in 1822 Beech Branch Baptist Church.
In that year of the founding of Coosawhatchie Church (1759), the Cherokees were on the warpath to the southwest of the neighborhood of the first church. The Nuscogees (Muscogees?), whose chief tribe were the Yamassee Indians, had their principal town on the lower part of the Coosawhatchie River.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,125 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.