Murphys in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Site of Brownsville
Erected 1953 by California State Park Commission – Base Erected by Christa Parlor No. 137 NSGW and Ruby Parlor No. 49 NDGW – July 19, 1953. (Marker Number 465.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 7.72′ N, 120° 26.517′ W. Marker is in Murphys, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on Pennsyvania Gulch Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Murphys CA 95247, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Joseph Schachten (approx. one mile away); Murphys Grammar School (approx. one mile away); Buena Vista Cemetery (approx. one mile away); The Italian Store (approx. 1.1 miles away); Dunbar House (approx. Valente Building (approx. 1.1 miles away); Douglas Flat (approx. 1.2 miles away but has been reported missing); Murphys (approx. 1.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Murphys.
More about this marker. This site is a California Registered Historical Landmark (No.465)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Natural Resources • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,534 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.