Tehachapi in Kern County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1958 by The California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Kern County Historical Society, El Tejon Parlor No.239, Native Daughters of the Golden West, and Kern County Museum, July 27, 1958. (Marker Number 643.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 35° 8.589′ N, 118° 29.686′ W. Marker is in Tehachapi, California, in Kern County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Town Road and Woodford Tehachapi Road, on the right when traveling north on Old Town Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tehachapi CA 93561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Duty~Honor~Country (approx. 2.6 miles away); Tehachapi Loop Mural (approx. 2.6 miles away); Original site of the First Catholic Church in 1887 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Gallinger House (approx. 2.7 miles away); Odd Fellows Hall (approx. 2.7 miles away); Red Front Blacksmith Shop Mural (approx. 2.7 miles away); Early High School (approx. 2.7 miles away); Peery House (approx. 2.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Tehachapi.
Regarding "Old Town". This site has been designated a California Registered Historical Landmark (No.643)
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,534 times since then and 100 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 2, 3. submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. 4. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 5. submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.