Port Tobacco in Charles County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Saint Thomas Manor
(smaller brass tablet) This manor granted under “conditions of plantation” to (Fr.) Thomas Copley, Esq. (S.J.) on August 15, 1649, was held by Thomas Matthews for the Jesuits until 1662.
Erected 1963 by Lords of the Maryland Manors.
Location. 38° 27.942′ N, 77° 1.401′ W. Marker is in Port Tobacco, Maryland, in Charles County. Marker is on Chapel Point Road 4 miles south of Port Tobacco Road (Maryland Route 6), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8855 Chapel Point Road, Port Tobacco MD 20677, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saint Ignatius' Church (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Ignatius Catholic Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chapel Point Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mulberry Grove John Hanson (approx. 1.8 miles away); Pine Thicket (approx. 2 miles away); John Wilkes Booth and David Herold (approx. 2.1 miles away); Mulberry Grove - Birthplace of John Hanson (approx. 2.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Port Tobacco.
Also see . . . Saint Ignatius Church and Saint Thomas Manor. (Submitted on June 18, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.)
Categories. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 2,047 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.