Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Annandale in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Annandale Historic District

 
 
Annandale Historic District Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, March 10, 2009
1. Annandale Historic District Marker
Inscription. Annandale Historic District founded as Clinton Station Circa 1852
 
Erected by Clinton Township Historical Commission.
 
Location. 40° 38.433′ N, 74° 52.95′ W. Marker is in Annandale, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is at the intersection of Beaver Avenue and Maple Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Beaver Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Annandale NJ 08801, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Annandale Reformed Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Central Railroad Of New Jersey (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jones Tavern (approx. 0.4 miles away); Christopher Vought House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Mountainview Youth Correctional Facility (approx. 1.3 miles away); Gen. George W. Taylor (approx. 1.3 miles away); General George W. Taylor (approx. 1.3 miles away); a different marker also named Mountainview Youth Correctional Facility (approx. 1.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Annandale.
 
More about this marker. The Annandale Historic District was listed in the the National Register of Historic Places on September 8, 1994. This marker is one of three
Annandale Historic District Marker image. Click for full size.
2. Annandale Historic District Marker
defining this Historic District, which is roughly bounded by Maple Avenue, Main Street, Beaver Avenue, and East Street in Clinton Township.
 
Also see . . .  Website of the Clinton Township Historic Preservation Commission. (Submitted on October 1, 2008.)
 
Additional comments.
1. About the Annandale Historic District
This settlement is located in the center of Clinton Township (State Route 31 and County Roads 633 and 626). This village grew as Clinton Station, a depot of the New Jersey Central Railroad. Named for a town in Scotland, the population reached 380 people by 1880. A fairly dense and well-defined village, it is composed of 12 blocks and approximately 150 structures. The one church in town is the Reformed Church, located on the corner of Beaver Avenue and West Street. The vast majority of the structures are single-family, detached home dating from 1840-1910.
    — Submitted October 1, 2008.

 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Annandale Historic District image. Click for full size.
December 6, 2006
3. Annandale Historic District
A home in the Annandale Historic District image. Click for full size.
December 6, 2006
4. A home in the Annandale Historic District
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 1,268 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey.   2, 3, 4. submitted on , by E B of Annandale, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement