Andersonville in Macon County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1915 by Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic.
Location. 32° 11.809′ N, 84° 7.722′ W. Marker is in Andersonville, Georgia, in Macon County. Marker is at the intersection of Prison Site Road and Cemetery Road, on the left when traveling south on Prison Site Road. Click for map. Monument is grouped with other monuments in the northwest corner of the former prison stockade, inside the Andersonville National Historic Site. Marker is in this post office area: Andersonville GA 31711, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lizabeth A. Turner (a few steps from this marker); Father Peter Whelan (within shouting distance of this marker); Patriotic Work of the National Woman's Relief Corps (within shouting distance of this marker); Escape Tunnels Gettysburg Address (within shouting distance of this marker); Wisconsin (within shouting distance of this marker); Monuments and Memories (within shouting distance of this marker); Rhode Island (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Andersonville.
Also see . . . Andersonville National Historic Site. National Park Service site. (Submitted on October 6, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Heroes • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,315 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4, 5. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 6. submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.