Metamora in Woodford County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Abraham Lincoln - Eighth Judicial District
—County-Seat Marker —
Erected 1921 by the Lincoln Circuit Marking Association and the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 47.5′ N, 89° 21.756′ W. Marker is in Metamora, Illinois, in Woodford County. Marker is on East Partridge Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 East Partridge Street, Metamora IL 61548, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Home of Adlai E. Stevenson I (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Speeches by Douglas and Lincoln (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Abraham Lincoln - Eighth Judicial District (approx. 3.5 miles away); Civil War Memorial (approx. 6.5 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. The Real Lincoln Highway: The Forgotten Lincoln Circuit Markers by Guy C. Fraker. Is the “leading authority" on Abraham Lincoln's trail as he and his fellow (Submitted on October 6, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
2. Metamora, Illinois. A number of locations in Metamore seen on 360 photos. The Court House inside and out. (Submitted on October 10, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
3. All the County-Seat Markers. . . in order of Lincoln's travels through them along the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District, 1847 - 1857. (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
4. All the County Line Markers. . . in order of Lincoln's travels through them along the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District, 1847 - 1857. (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
5. Travel with Lincoln. Climb into Lincoln’s buggy and take a trip with Lincoln and his fellow lawyers on the job traveling Illinois as Circuit Lawyers. See all the Lincoln Circuit Markers (and a surprise or two), in the order of his travels while a member of the Circuit of the Eighth (Submitted on October 17, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
Categories. • Government • Heroes • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,638 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.