Ringgold in Catoosa County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956. (Marker Number 023-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 54.964′ N, 85° 6.64′ W. Marker is in Ringgold, Georgia, in Catoosa County. Marker is on Nashville Street (U.S. 41) 0 miles north of Jail Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is on the lawn of the old Catoosa County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Ringgold GA 30736, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Catoosa County (here, next to this marker); Catoosa County War Memorial Flame of Freedom (a few steps from this marker); Battle of Chickamauga (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Actions At Ringgold (about 700 feet away); The Whitman House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Western & Atlantic Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Evans House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Ringgold.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,138 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on , by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.