St. Simons Island in Glynn County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
St. Simons Park
Erected 2002 by Georgia Historical Society, Friends of the Park, Coastal Georgia Historical Society and Neptune Garden Club. (Marker Number 63-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 8.321′ N, 81° 23.666′ W. Marker is in St. Simons Island, Georgia, in Glynn County. Marker is on Mallery Street near Anne Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Simons Island GA 31522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Historic St. Simons Lighthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort St. Simons Couper's Point (approx. 0.3 miles away); North Atlantic Right Whale (approx. 0.3 miles away); Early History of St. Simons Island (approx. 0.3 miles away); The First Light House ~ 1810 (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Historic St. Simons Light Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Spanish Garden (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in St. Simons Island.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 989 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.