Adairsville in Bartow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Historic Trimble House
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 008-48.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 22.605′ N, 84° 55′ W. Marker is in Adairsville, Georgia, in Bartow County. Marker is at the intersection of Adairsville Highway (Georgia Route 140) and Poplar Springs Road, on the right when traveling east on Adairsville Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Adairsville GA 30103, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mosteller's Mills (approx. 0.9 miles away); Johnston's Army at Adairsville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Federal Armies at Adairsville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Adairsville, Georgia (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Great Locomotive Chase (approx. 1.2 miles away); Major John Lewis (approx. 1.3 miles away); Original Site Adairsville — 1830ís (approx. 1.8 miles away); Site of the Robert C. Saxon House (approx. 2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Adairsville.
More about this marker. The marker seems to have been reversed. The arrow on the marker points south, and the house, as noted in the text, was located north of the marker.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 2,215 times since then and 153 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Clearer photo of the marker and a wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?