Copperopolis in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
State Registered Landmark No.296
Erected 1949 by The California Centennials Commission and Copperopolis Community Center, May 30, 1949. (Marker Number 296.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the California Historical Landmarks marker series.
Location. 37° 58.758′ N, 120° 38.372′ W. Marker is in Copperopolis, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on Main Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 375 Main Street, Copperopolis CA 95228, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Congregational Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Calaveras Telephone (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Copperopolis (about 600 feet away); The Old Corner Saloon (about 700 feet away); The Copperopolis Bell and Cannon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Black Bart at Funk Hill (approx. ¼ mile away); Copperopolis Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Thomas McCarty (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Copperopolis.
Also see . . .
1. Copperopolis – Town History. (Submitted on October 26, 2008.)
2. Copperopolis. (Submitted on October 26, 2008.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Natural Resources • Notable Events • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,893 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 6, 7. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.