Newark in Essex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
organized in 1666,
Abraham Pierson, minister.
Two edifices preceeded
this one, begun in 1787
Erected 1964 by State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 44.058′ N, 74° 10.358′ W. Marker is in Newark, New Jersey, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street and Branford Place, on the right when traveling north on Broad Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 820 Broad Street, Newark NJ 07104, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Settlers of Newark (a few steps from this marker); Newark Covenant (a few steps from this marker); Revolutionary War Soldiers and Patriots Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Newark Female Charitable Society (approx. 0.2 miles away); This Liberty Pole (approx. ¼ mile away); Elisha Boudinot and General Lafayette (approx. ¼ mile away); First School Safety Patrol in America (approx. ¼ mile away); Historic Site-Grace Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Newark.
Also see . . . First Presbyterian Church. The New Jersey Churchscape. (Submitted on October 26, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 889 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.