Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Lot owned by George Washington
Erected 1931 by Citizens of Morgan County unveiled by the NSDAR of West Virginia.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 37.585′ N, 78° 13.607′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker is at the intersection of Fairfax Street and Mercer St., on the right when traveling east on Fairfax Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Sons and Daughters of Morgan County (within shouting distance of this marker); Campaign in the Snow (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle for Bath (within shouting distance of this marker); Morgan County Veteran's Monument (within Berkeley Springs / James Rumsey (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Centennial Time Capsule (about 400 feet away); Washington Heritage Trail (about 600 feet away); Berkeley Springs Baths (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Categories. • Natural Features • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 782 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 3. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.