Adairsville in Bartow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Johnston's Army at Adairsville
Units of Maj. Gen. S.G. French´s div. & Brig. Gen. W.H. Jackson´s Cavalry joined Polk´s corps [CS] here & at Cassville.
The march by 2 roads was the facilitate troop movement & to divide Sherman´s forces [US] during his advance.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 008-27.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 22.016′ N, 84° 55.565′ W. Marker is in Adairsville, Georgia, in Bartow County. Marker is at the intersection of Poplar Springs Road and South Cass Street, on the right when traveling east on Poplar Springs Road. Click for map. The marker is one of three located in front of the East View Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Adairsville GA 30103, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mosteller's Mills (here, next to this marker); Federal Armies at Adairsville The Great Locomotive Chase (approx. half a mile away); Adairsville, Georgia (approx. half a mile away); Historic Trimble House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Major John Lewis (approx. 1.3 miles away); McPherson’s Troops March to Barnsley’s (approx. 1.7 miles away); Original Site Adairsville — 1830’s (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Adairsville.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,410 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.