Adairsville in Bartow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Federal Armies at Adairsville
Sherman convinced that all of Johnston´s forces had gone to Kingston & Etowah River crossings S. of it, directed his forces to converge there.
McPherson´s Army of the Tennessee moved to Barnsley´s; the 4th & 14th by direct road to Kingston; the 23rd [US] (at Mosteller´s Mills, 5 mi. E.) & the 20th, were shifted S.W. across the Gravelly Plateau.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 008-28.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 22.016′ N, 84° 55.565′ W. Marker is in Adairsville, Georgia, in Bartow County. Marker is at the intersection of Poplar Springs Road and South Cass Street, on the right when traveling east on Poplar Springs Road. Click for map. The marker is one of three located in front of the East View Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Adairsville GA 30103, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mosteller's Mills (here, next to this marker); Johnston's Army at Adairsville (here, next to this marker); The Great Locomotive Chase (approx. half a mile away); Adairsville, Georgia (approx. half a mile away); Historic Trimble House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Major John Lewis (approx. 1.3 miles away); McPherson’s Troops March to Barnsley’s (approx. 1.7 miles away); Original Site Adairsville — 1830’s (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Adairsville.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,563 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.